Are you on the Voters' List?
TOWN OF LINCOLN – MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS 2014
MONDAY OCTOBER 27, 2014
ARE YOU ON THE VOTERS’ LIST?
The preliminary list of all persons entitled to vote in the upcoming 2014 Municipal Elections will be available for inspection upon request at the following locations commencing Tuesday, September 2, 2014:
Town of Lincoln Municipal Offices
Clerk’s Department, 4800 South Service Road, Beamsville
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
5020 Serena Drive, Beamsville
Monday to Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Moses F. Rittenhouse Library
4080 John Charles Boulevard, Vineland
Monday to Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 2, 2014:
YOU CAN CHECK TO SEE IF YOU ARE ON THE VOTERS’ LIST ONLINE
- SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE -
All electors are encouraged to examine the list to ensure their names have been included and that all related information is correct.
QUALIFICATIONS OF ELECTORS
A person is entitled to be an elector at an election held in a local municipality if on Voting Day, he or she,
- resides in the local municipality or is the owner or tenant of land there, or the spouse of such owner or tenant;
- is a Canadian citizen;
- is at least 18 years old; and
- is not prohibited from voting as noted below, or otherwise by law.
PERSONS PROHIBITED FROM VOTING
The following are prohibited from voting:
- A person who is serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution.
- A corporation.
- A person acting as executor or trustee or in any other representative capacity, except as a voting proxy in accordance with Section 44 of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996.
- A person who was convicted of the corrupt practice described in subsection 90(3) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, if voting day in the current election is less than five years after voting day in the election in respect of which he or she was convicted.
NOTE: Under the Education Act, a person is not qualified to vote for a member of a board for an area unless the person resides in the area on voting day.
If you are not on the list or if there is an error in the information on the Voters' List, an elector may apply to have:
- his/her name added to or removed from the list;
- the information relating to him/herself amended (i.e. school support, residency status, etc);
- another individual’s name removed (only between the period of September 2 to September 12, 2014).
Revisions may be made in person by filing an application with the Clerk at the Town of Lincoln Municipal Offices during normal office hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., commencing September 2, 2014 and ending at 8:00 p.m. on Voting Day, October 27, 2014. You will be required to present appropriate identification confirming your identity and qualifying address to validate your application.
An elector may also apply for revisions at the Voting Place at either the Advance Vote or on Voting Day during voting hours 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Individuals are encouraged to apply for revisions prior to Voting Day to avoid delays in voting.
CHECK TO SEE IF YOU ARE ON THE VOTERS' LIST NOW
Tip: if your name isn't being found and you live on a numbered street (like 21st Street or 19h Street) - try typing the street name in alpha (like Twenty first Street or Nineteenth Street) - or vice versa. Property assessment records maintained by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation that form the basis of the Municipal Voters' List go back over one hundred years - and during that time, road names were sometimes recorded using numbers and sometimes using alphabetical characters.