VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER RECRUITING
CAPTAIN (Stations 1, 2, 3 and 4)
Reporting to District Chief, the Captain provides leadership and mentoring to Acting Captains and Firefighters. Captains assist the District Chief with the management of a fire station and supervision of the paid on-call firefighting personnel within an assigned station. Other duties include assisting with the administration and enforcement of corporate and departmental policies, operating guidelines and directives and coordination of the fire department training program.
The successful candidates should possess the following:
- Completion of a firefighter training program.
- Completion of Ontario Fire College Company Officer training program, NFPA Fire Officer I or II program or equivalent.
- Completion of Ontario Fire College Trainer/Facilitator Program, or NFPA Fire Instructor Level 1.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer hardware and software used by the Fire Department (e.g. Firehouse, Microsoft Office)
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Be an active member of the LFR Team.
The current wage is $120% of the VFF rate. Qualified candidates should forward a detailed resume by 4:30 pm on Friday, May 5, 2017 to:
Town of Lincoln
4800 South Service Road
Beamsville, ON L0R 1B1