Tax Due Dates
First Installment - February 28, 2017
Second Installment - April 28, 2017
First Installment - July 31, 2017
Second Installment - September 29, 2017
Payments may be made:
1. By Mail, to be received by 4:30 p.m. on the installment due date and addressed to:
Town of Lincoln Tax Department
2. In person at the Municipal Office during office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday) by cash, cheque or debit card or by depositing payment by cheque in the After Hours Mail Deposit located at the front entrance of Town Hall.
3. At most financial institutions until the installment due date. Please allow 5 business days for processing or penalty and interest may apply.
4. By pre-authorized payment for automatic withdrawal from your bank account on the installment due date, 10 month installment plan, or 12 month tax arrears plan (for accounts in arrears and subject to approval). If you wish to set up your tax account on a pre-authorized payment plan, please complete our Pre-authorized Payment Plan Form and return it to the Town of
5. By electronic bill payment (i.e. telephone banking, ATM Machine, software linkups, etc.; it will be necessary for you to apply at your financial institution for this service). Please allow sufficient time for payments to reach the Town by the due date. Up to 3 business days may be required for bank payments.
6. By credit card through Paymentus Corporation a third party automated payment service that accepts Visa or MasterCard. A convenience fee will be charged.
Payments will be credited to the account on the date of their receipt by the Town.
Penalties and Interest Charges
All taxes remaining unpaid after the respective due date are subject to penalty charges in accordance with the By-law. Penalty of 1.25% on the unpaid balance will be added on the first day of default, and interest of 1.25% on the unpaid balance on the first day of each month thereafter until paid. Taxes in arrears after December 31 are subject to interest charges added on the first day of each month until paid. Any payment tendered will be applied first to penalty and/or interest charges and then to the taxes owing of the oldest year.