Information for Voters

Important Information for Voters

Voting Day - October 22, 2018 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. 
Please note you must vote at your specific voting location.
See below for voting locations. 

List of Voting Locations:

Look up your specific voting location.

  • Lincoln Community Centre: 4361 Central Ave., Beamsville ON
  • Fleming Centre: 5020 Serena Dr., Beamsville ON
  • Royal Canadian Legion Branch 612: 5545 King St., Beamsville, ON
  • Calvary Gospel Church: 4129 Hixon St., Beamsville, ON
  • Immanuel United Reformed Church: 2900 Fourth Ave., Jordan Station, ON
  • Ball’s Falls Centre for Conservation: 3292 Sixth Ave., Jordan, ON
  • Tintern Church of Christ: 4359 Spring Creek Rd., Vineland, ON
  • Free Reformed Church of Vineland: 3685 King St., Vineland, ON
  • Heritage Village Recreation Club: 3425 Frederick Ave., Vineland, ON

Advanced Voting Day - Now Closed

  • Saturday, October 13, 2018 and Wednesday, October 17, 2018
  • Location: Town Hall
  • Times: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
  • Accessible devices will be available

Election Guide:

  • Visit the Province of Ontario's website for the 2018 Voters' Guide for Ontario municipal council and school board elections

Ensure you are on the Voter's List

  • Confirm that you are on the Voter's list by visiting
  • Voter look up allows you find out whether you are on the list to vote, update your information, add a name to an address and change your school support

Who can Vote?

You can vote in the Lincoln municipal election if you are:

  • A Canadian citizen; and
  • At least 18 years old; and
  • A resident in the Town of Lincoln; or
  • A non-resident of the Town of Lincoln, but you or your spouse own or rent property in the Town; and
  • Not prohibited from voting under any law
  • You may only vote once in the Town of Lincoln municipal election regardless of how many properties you own or rent within the Town.
  • You must vote at a voting place in the ward where you live.

Proxy Voting

Any person whose name is on the voters’ list can appoint a qualified person to vote on their behalf (voting proxy).

  • You can act as a voting proxy for only one person unless you are a relative (spouse, sibling, parent, child, grandparent or grandchild), in which case the limitation does not apply.
  • If an individual wants to appoint a voting proxy, forms can be picked up at the Clerk's office during regular office hours up to and including polling day (October 22, 2018), or the form can be found online here: Appointment for Voting Proxy – Form 3.
  • Applicants to act as proxies must attend the Clerk’s office and present a prescribed appointment form signed by the elector. The Clerk will issue a certificate, the appointing document, and this document must be presented at the voting place.
  • A person acting as a proxy must attend the voting place designated for the elector for whom they are voting.
  • It is recommended that where possible, proxy voting take place during Advance Voting, mainly for the convenience of the appointee.

Who Cannot Vote?

You are prohibited from voting on voting day if you are:

  • Serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution
  • A corporation
  • Acting as executor or trustee or in another representative capacity, except as a voting proxy
  • Convicted of a corrupt practice described in section 90(3) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996

Information for Students

Where can you vote?

  • If you are a student and consider your "home" to be the place where you live when you are not attending school, which means you plan on returning there, then you are eligible to vote in both your "home" municipality and in the municipality where you currently live while attending school.
  • If you are a student attending school in another city or town, please check with the Town Clerk of that municipality to find out what your voting options are.
  • As a student and a resident of the Town of Lincoln, if you are unable to vote in the Town of Lincoln Municipal Election, you may appoint another elector as Proxy to vote on your behalf.

Who can Vote in a School Board Election?

In order to vote in a school board election for a school board trustee, you must be:

  • 18 years of age or older and
  • A Canadian citizen;
  • A resident of the municipality; or
  • The owner or tenant (or spouse of an owner of tenant) of residential property in a municipality

*Please note:

  • School boards can cover a large area of a municipality
  • You are only allowed to vote for the same school board once
  • If you are eligible to vote in a municipality because you are the owner or tenant (or spouse of an owner or tenant) of a commercial property there, you are not eligible to vote for school trustee

Four Types of School boards in Ontario:

  • English-language public school board: This is the default - unless you are qualified to vote for a separate or French board, you will vote for the English public school board in your area.
  • English language separate school board: You must be Roman Catholic, and you must be a separate school board supporter or the spouse of a separate school board supporter. If your spouse is a Roman Catholic and you are not, you are not eligible.
  • French language public school board: You must be a French language rights holder, and you must be a supporter (or the spouse of a supporter) of the French language public school board.
  • French language separate school board: You must be a Roman Catholic and a French language rights holder, and you must be a supporter (or the spouse of a supporter) of the French separate school board. If your spouse is a Roman Catholic and you are not, you are not eligible.

"Supporter" refers to which school board the school portion of your property taxes goes to. The default is the public school system. In order to be a separate school supporter you must direct your taxes to the separate school system. Contact the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (1-866-296-6722) for more information.

If you have questions please contact the Clerks Office at  or call 905-563-2800


Date modified: