The Town’s By-law and Municipal Enforcement Services, under the Planning Department, oversees the administration of the enforcement of the municipality’s regulatory by-laws.
The Town's by-laws regulate:
- Property standards
- Clean yards
- Animal care and control
- Fouling of roads and many more
Enforcement is accomplished by using the services of three specialized firms/agencies which have jurisdiction and authority to administer the by-laws of the Town in the areas of canine/animal control, general by-law enforcement services, and parking enforcement.
Policy & Service Mandate
Municipal enforcement attempts to balance the needs of everyone involved while upholding confidentiality and due process.
- Council is committed to the thorough, prompt and courteous receipt, processing, investigation and resolution of formal complaints within a reasonable amount of time
- The Town of Lincoln will respond to formal complaints received from a complainant who must provide their full name, telephone number and address (anonymous complaints will not be accepted)
- The name and any personal information provided by a complainant will remain in the strictest confidence in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will not be revealed to anyone
- The confidentiality of the personal information of every alleged offender will likewise be protected and respected
Contact the Municipal By-Law Department
- Email: For any questions or concerns regarding Municipal Enforcement, please contact the Manager of By-law and Municipal Enforcement
- Town Hall: Come visit the By-law and Municipal Enforcement Department at Town Hall for any questions, concerns or to submit an in-person complaint form
- Telephone: Municipal Enforcement Officers can be reached from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Town of Lincoln at 905-563-2799 Ext. 289
- Date modified: