Municipal Law Enforcement
The Town’s Municipal Law Enforcement, under the Planning Department, oversees the administration of the enforcement of the municipality’s regulatory by-laws.
The Town's by-laws regulate:
- Property standards
- Clean yards
- Animal care and control
- Fouling of roads and many more
The Town’s Municipal Law Enforcement achieves compliance through education and enforcement of all Town-established by-laws. The Town has a specialized contract service provider which provides enforcement, education, and compliance measures for the Animal Care and Control by-law.
Policy & Service Mandate
Municipal enforcement attempts to balance the needs of everyone involved while upholding confidentiality and due process.
- Council is committed to the thorough, prompt and courteous receipt, processing, investigation and resolution of formal complaints within a reasonable amount of time
- The Town of Lincoln will respond to formal complaints received from a complainant who must provide their full name, telephone number and address (anonymous complaints will not be accepted)
- The name and any personal information provided by a complainant will remain in the strictest confidence in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will not be revealed to anyone
- The confidentiality of the personal information of every alleged offender will likewise be protected and respected
Regular Hours (Monday – Saturday):
8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Summer Extended Hours (Fridays & Saturdays, June – September):
8 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Complete a By-law Complaint Form
- Call a Municipal Law Enforcement Officer: 905-563-2799 Ext. 289
If the nature of the complaint is:
- An active noise concern, OR
- Parking-related issue that is a safety concern (i.e., fire hydrant obstruction, sight-line issue at corner clearance, vehicle stopped on major roadway)
- Please contact Niagara Regional Police at 905-945-2211, select Option “1”
- Date modified: