Find a By-law
Find a By-law & Frequently Requested By-laws
All Town of Lincoln By-laws are available online for residents and businesses.
Below is a summary of the most frequently requested By-laws for your convenience.
The Accessible Parking By-law No. 2017-25, enforced by the AMPS process, sets out provisions for the allocation, design and signage for accessible parking, along with enforcement of violations within the Town.
- The Administrative Monetary Penalty System By-law No. 2017-24 is designed to be a faster and more efficient way of processing parking tickets.
- It is a process for payment, appeal and collection of parking penalties.
- This system allows municipalities to enforce, manage and quasi-adjudicate parking violations within the Town rather than continue to use the Provincial court system to enforce traffic and parking tickets issued by the Town.
- Oversees the management and control of animals in our community through such areas as leashing, registration, numbers of animals per household, animal care, bite incidents, and dog kennels
- Enforcement is conducted through our licensed contractor currently the Niagara SPCA
- Ensures properties in Lincoln are kept clear of long grass, weeds and refuse as regulated under this By-law
- Residents are asked to keep all waste in proper containers, grass kept shorter than 8 inches, and encourage residents to call the town with questions regarding noxious weeds (weeds that are deemed dangerous to agricultural crops)
- Prohibits and regulates noise within Lincoln. More commonly, this By-law addresses noise concerns such as construction, barking animals and loud music
- The Open Air Fire By-law was reviewed and updated in 2017
- It is constructed around the health, safety and well-being of residents within Lincoln
- This By-law is centered around fire prevention, with emphasis on areas such as: the spreading of fires, regulating open air fires and establishing set times that open air burning can occur
- Enforced under the Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS) By-law, focuses on managing permitted parking in Lincoln
- By-law addresses accessible parking, fire routes, and 24 hour parking on streets
- Prescribes standards for the maintenance and occupancy of residential and non-residential properties within Lincoln
- As well this By-law attends to vacant buildings, and yards of all properties
- Property Standards By-law Appeal Process
- Requires owners of privately owned outdoor swimming pools to erect and maintain fences to the prescribed standards to ensure the health and safety of those within Lincoln
- Date modified: