Lincoln strives to be a place to grow, prosper & belong. Community events serve to bring our residents and businesses together to build relationships, promote inclusivity & celebrate.
The Town of Lincoln will post information regarding events, activities, programs, meetings and festivals organized by the Town, its affiliates, and public community members.
The Town of Lincoln reserves the right to edit event details and exclude the posting of an event onto to Community Event Calendar. Submissions are reviewed by Corporate Communications and all decisions on public postings by the Town of Lincoln are final. Criteria is listed below.
Online Community Events Calendar Criteria:
Event submissions must comply with the following requirements:
- Events must serve the Lincoln community and be open to all members of the public
- Events must take place within the boundaries of the Town of Lincoln. Events taking place outside the boundaries of the Town of Lincoln may be posted to the Events Calendar provided the focus of the event listing is a Lincoln initiative or is Town-supported.
- Event must be held in a physical location that can be accessed by the public
- Online contests will not be accepted. Events must be held in a physical location that can be accessed by all members of the public.
- Event must comply with municipal, provincial or federal legislation
- Event submission must be accompanied by a name and contact information of an individual from the event organizing committee, anonymous submissions will not be accepted
Events will not be published if the following restrictions apply:
- Event must not conflict with our mission, vision, values or strategic goals and should not adversely impact the Town’s identity
- Event must not be commercial in nature, and in the Town’s sole opinion, is attempting to advertise, promote or sell products or services of an individual or an individual business unless it is for a municipally significant event.
- Yard Sales, garage sales and similar events are not permitted.
- Event must not promote, exhibit, illustrate or manifest hate or obscene/pornographic/sexual content of any kind
- Event must not discriminate on any grounds covered by the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Event must not promote an individual religion or religious service or require participation in a religious or worship service or activity as part of the event
- Event must not be open-ended or ongoing without a start date and end date
- Events deemed by the Town of Lincoln to be political in nature will not be posted (with the exception of notices for Council meetings, voting locations, and similar general election information)
- Event must not be a Fundraiser unless hosted by a registered charity or nonprofit organizations.
- For the purpose of posting on this website, a fundraiser is defined as any event or campaign whose primary purpose is to raise money for a recognized non-profit organization or a registered charity. The Town of Lincoln does not benefit from the proceeds of this fundraising event.
The Town will not knowingly approve the use of the Calendar of Events to support the activities of any groups or agencies that it deems, in its absolute discretion, may intentionally, or unintentionally, serve to undermine any of the above. The Calendar of Events is provided as a public service. The content of Calendar of Events posting is the responsibility of the submitter. The Town of Lincoln accepts no responsibility for the information contained in any public message approved for posting on this event page, or any damages caused by the posting of incorrect or inappropriate information.
Any personal information that is collected on this website will be managed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the collection, use, disclosure or safe guarding of personal information associated with this website, please call Clerk’s office at 905-563-8205 or email at email@example.com
For questions or clarification, please contact Communications at 905-563-2799 ext. 230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org