Campden Fire Station Project
New Campden Fire Station Project
Project Location: 3970 Fly Rd., Campden ON (vacant lot west of Bethesda Community Services)
Approved Total Project Budget: $2,211,000.00
Project Update - COMPLETE:
- Structural construction is now complete
- Campden station is functioning out of the new station as of Feb. 6, 2019
- Outstanding items to be completed in appropriate weather: landscaping, additional signage
Description of the Project:
The new 5,600 sq. ft. station offers:
- Three drive-through bays
- Modern equipment to meet the health and safety needs of the firefighters
- Bunker gear decontamination area
- Proper ventilation system for trucks
- Training room
- The Campden Fire Station was built in 1958 and has served the community for 60 years.
- The current site no longer meets National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standards or requirements for fire insurance grading and Superior Tanker Shuttle Accreditation for rural water supply.
- The 2015 Fire Master Plan recommended that a new station be constructed as soon as was reasonably possible.
- The existing property was deemed too small of a parcel of land to build the new station, when reviewed as an option for a new station.
- In the spring of 2017 Town of Lincoln purchased a parcel of land to the west side of Bethesda Services.
- Design-Build Contract was awarded to Brouwer Construction Ltd. at the December 21 Council meeting for the tendered amount of $1,776,000 (excluding HST)
- Ground-breaking ceremony took place on May 2, 2018
- Construction commenced May 7, 2018, and building structure installation is currently underway
- Start date: May 7, 2018
- Target completion date: February 2019
- Lincoln Fire Rescue & Emergency Services Chief, Greg Hudson
- Shannon McKay, Director, Community Services
- Sean Jackson, PMP, Project Manager
Brouwer Construction (1981) Ltd.
1880 Reg. Rd. 81
St. Catharines, ON L2R 6P7
- Date modified: