The Town of Lincoln takes the health and safety of our community seriously. We are actively monitoring the evolution of Coronavirus and responding accordingly. Our decisions are guided by data and facts, and through the direction of Niagara Region Public Health. The community response is being led by Niagara Region Public Health and allied health agencies.
Current Status: Step 1 of the Province's Roadmap to Reopen
The Provincial government announced that Ontario will be moving into Step 1 of the RoadMap to Reopen on Friday, June 11 at 12:01 a.m. The Province will remain in Step One for at least 21 days to evaluate any impacts on key public health and health system indicators. At that point, if 70 per cent of adults are vaccinated with one dose and 20 per cent of adults with two doses, along with continued improvements in other key public health and health system indicators, the province will continue to Step Two of the Roadmap.
- Learn about the current impacts on Town of Lincoln service delivery and facility closures.
- See the Province's roadmap for re-opening at a glance.
Lincoln's focus is putting measures in place to:
Protect the health and safety of our citizens and staff – see our Lincoln Workplaces & COVID-19 Facility Safety Plan
Ensure the continuity of the Town's critical and essential infrastructure
- Develop and implement a recovery response
Everyone must remain vigilant despite reopening & continue to follow Public Health guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Practicing 2 (6 feet) meter physical distancing
Indoor gatherings not allowed, except with members of your household (or one other household if you live alone)
Outside gatherings of no more than 5 people
- Niagara Region Face Covering By-law (effective Friday July 31, 2020)
- Frequent washing / sanitization of hands
- Avoiding touching shared surfaces
- Staying home if feeling ill
- Government of Canada: federal response, financial assistance, economic supports
- Province of Ontario: state of emergency orders, reopening plans
- Niagara Region: local outbreak statistics, health information, testing
- Date modified: