Social Support Services
Social Support Services
It is a time of unusual circumstances in our country and globally. We can all feel a bit overwhelmed at time with the information circulating, the changing information, the effects to our economy & ourselves, and the uncertainty.
The Town is providing a list of resources available to citizens to assist you in finding answers to questions for other agencies or jurisdictions. It is not an exhaustive list, but an effort to assist you. As new information becomes available, the Town will update this page. Check back often.
- Dial 2-1-1 from your phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 211 is a helpline & website that provides information on & referrals to Niagara's community, social, health-related government services. For instance, they can help you with questions related to:
- Community programs
- Emergency or crisis referrals
- Income support
- Health care
- Family services
Government of Canada's Economic Response Plan
The Government of Canada is regularly releasing new information about supporting individuals & businesses through this difficult time. The link below is updated by the federal government as these new supports become available. We encourage residents to check the site often.
- General support for individuals
- Support for people:
- Facing unemployment
- Sick or quarantined
- Unable to work
- With low income & modest income
- Support for seniors
- Support for students & recent graduates
Niagara Region Social Assistance & Employment Opportunities
- Social assistance programs & eligibility - The Region provides the local management of the Province's social assistance programs.
- Social service programs in the community
- Shelters & housing support
Community Care of West Niagara (CWCN)
- A registered charitable non-profit organization that has been serving the communities of Lincoln and surrounding communities since 1967
- Residents that have experienced financial difficulties due to job loss, illness or other hardships are able to obtain food, clothing and emergency assistance which is provided by donors and volunteers in a caring and confidential manner
Village of Hope
Village of Hope has firmly established strong ties within the community by providing a range of programs and services that promote nutritional health, family events, and overall community involvement
- Date modified: