Municipal Heritage Committee
Apply now. Recruitment for the 2018-22 committee term is open until Jan. 4, 2019.
This term & membership of Heritage Committee is completed on Nov. 30, 2018.
- Comprised of nine community volunteers plus one member of Town Council.
- The Committee's serves in an advisory nature and the mandate is to:
- Establish criteria for the evaluation of properties of architectural and/or historical value or interest
- Prepare and maintain a list of properties and areas worthy of conservation
- Advise Council on means of conserving heritage properties and areas
- advise Council on current heritage conservation legislation and assist Council in the preparation of municipal legislation to conserve heritage properties and areas
- Implement programs and activities to increase public awareness and knowledge of heritage conservation issues
- Advise and assist Council on all matters relating to the Ontario Heritage Act
- Advise and assist Council on any other matter relating to buildings and areas or architectural and/or historical significance
- Administer properties acquired by the Town under section 38 of the Ontario Heritage Act
Meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7 p.m.
- Carla Mackie (Chair)
- Vic Dirksen (Vice-Chair)
- Jennifer Hart
- George Marucci
- Christopher Janca
- Jonathan Webb
- Councillor L. Timmers
- Councillor W. MacMillan
- Staff representatives
- Date modified: