Municipal Heritage Committee
Recruitment is now closed. We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Comprised of nine community volunteers plus one member of Town Council.
- The Committee's serves in an advisory nature and the mandate is to:
- Establish criteria for the evaluation of properties of architectural and/or historical value or interest
- Prepare and maintain a list of properties and areas worthy of conservation
- Advise Council on means of conserving heritage properties and areas
- advise Council on current heritage conservation legislation and assist Council in the preparation of municipal legislation to conserve heritage properties and areas
- Implement programs and activities to increase public awareness and knowledge of heritage conservation issues
- Advise and assist Council on all matters relating to the Ontario Heritage Act
- Advise and assist Council on any other matter relating to buildings and areas or architectural and/or historical significance
- Administer properties acquired by the Town under section 38 of the Ontario Heritage Act
Recruitment for the 2018-22 Committee is in progress.
- Date modified: