Grow with Us
In Lincoln, the door is wide open for business. As a Centre of Excellence for Agriculture and a part of Niagara region, Lincoln boasts some of North America’s most fertile soil. Lincoln is growing more than the world’s most delicious and safe produce, it’s also developing robust wine, technology, manufacturing and tourism companies experiencing above average growth.
The Town of Lincoln's Economic Development Office is dedicated to creating new opportunities for growth in every sector of the community. For more information, inquiries or feedback regarding Lincoln’s economic development, please contact Paul Di Ianni, Economic Development Officer, 905-563-2799, ext. 272
- Land area: 162.86 km2
- Population: 23, 787
- Population density: 146/km2
- Gender distribution: 51.1% female, 48.9% male
- Population growth (1971-2011): increase of 57.83%
- Projected growth: fourth fastest growing municipality in Niagara and will increase in population approximately 50%, to 32,000 in the next 15 years
- Development: Lincoln ranks in the high category of building construction, along with Grimsby and Niagara-on-the-Lake
Diversified Economy through Smart Growth
As one of the fastest growing municipalities in Niagara, the Town of Lincoln, through the development of agriculture, manufacturing, tourism, and health care has one of the most diverse economies. With a growing economy and population, it is critical that Lincoln plans accordingly for community sustainability, focusing on environmental and economic sustainability, urban infrastructure, social equity, and municipal government. As such, the lens of smart growth guides decision making at an organizational and community planning level contributing to a complete community.
- Date modified: