The Town of Lincoln, located in the beautiful Niagara Region, offers a unique environment that encompasses Lake Ontario, the Bruce Trail and Niagara Escarpment and is situated between Hamilton and St. Catharines. Steeped in a rich history and home to one of the fastest growing municipalities, Lincoln is a place to grow, a place to prosper and a place to belong. Reporting to the Supervisor of Technical Services, the Engineering Technician is responsible for technical duties related to the construction, transportation and operation of municipal works
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Post-secondary diploma in Civil or Transportation Engineering
- C.E.T. designation is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Direct municipal setting is preferred
- Computer programs such as MS Office, AutoCAD and database management;
- Interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Time management skills and the ability to pay exceptional attention to detail;
- Dealing diplomatically with all levels of management, staff, elected officials and the public;
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Working well under pressure and meet set deadlines;
- Valid Ministry of Transportation Class “G” Driver’s license.
This is a C.U.P.E. position with an hourly wage of $33.51 based on a 40-hour work week. In addition to a dynamic and fast-paced team environment, we offer an excellent benefit package and pension plan.
Please note that the Town of Lincoln requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired and provide proof of full vaccination or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption on a form issued from and approved by the Town of Lincoln
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by 4:30 p.m. on Friday May 27th, 2022 to:
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Lincoln, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and /or employment processes. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment. Questions regarding the collection of personal information may be directed to the Office of the Municipal Clerk.
- Date modified: