General Maintenance Coordinator
General Maintenance Coordinator
The Town of Lincoln, located in the beautiful Niagara Region, offers a unique environment that encompasses Lake Ontario, the Bruce Trail and Niagara Escarpment and is situated between Hamilton and St. Catharines. Steeped in a rich history and home to one of the fastest growing municipalities, Lincoln is a place to grow, a place to prosper and a place to belong.
Reporting to the Manager of Public and Open Spaces, the General Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the overall facility management and maintenance including building maintenance, waste management, housekeeping, trail, and amenities maintenance. The General Maintenance Coordinator is also responsible for supervising staff and ensuring the execution of planned and assigned work, staff development and safe working conditions.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field such as facilities or building management, horticulture, parks management
- Experience in building automation systems
- Experience in ice maintenance duties, and refrigeration plant operation including installing, painting, removing ice, operation of the ice resurfacer, ice maintenance management, flooding, chipping, edging, monitoring of refrigeration plant and completion of logs and paperwork
- Experience in building and amenity repairs using basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, and mechanical skills.
- Certified Playground Inspector, Irrigation Certification (CIT), Basic Refrigeration, B Ticket, Certified Pool Operator; Cemetery Operator 1 and Certification in Health & Safety are considered assets.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant progressive experience.
- Experience in, horticulture, sports management, turf management, tree maintenance, Cemetery maintenance as well as outdoor amenity care is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated leadership skills acquired through progressive experience supervising staff or leading work teams, preferably in a municipal unionized environment
- Experience managing contracted services to ensure compliance
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills
- Proven knowledge of the OHSA and other applicable legislation.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work overtime and respond to after-hours emergencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Town of Lincoln offers an attractive, competitive salary, benefits and pension package, a progressive work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Please note that the Town of Lincoln requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired and provide proof of full vaccination or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption on a form issued from and approved by the Town of Lincoln.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday October 26, 2021.
To apply please use one of the following options:
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.
- Date modified: