Head Guard (May - September)
The Town of Lincoln is now accepting applications for the position of Head Guard. The Head Guard is responsible to supervise all aquatic and non-aquatic staff at the aquatic facility, implement a safe, enjoyable and diversified program; in addition to ensuring the overall safety of the public, including the prevention of accidents and treatment of injuries, adhering to all outdoor pool operations policies and procedures municipally and provincially. The Town operates two (2) outdoor pools, one in Jordan and one in Beamsville, successful candidate may be deployed at either site.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Aquatic Supervisory Training (AST)
- Current National Lifeguard Service Award;
- Current Red Cross / Water Safety Instructors certification;
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C certification / AED;
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Previous experience as a Lifeguard / Instructor
- High Five Principles of Health Child Development Certificate;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Valid Police Waiver (for those candidates over the age of 18)
- Planning on returning to school in the Fall of 2022.
Hours and shifts may vary; but candidates must be available to work evenings and weekends. The hourly rate is $17.01.
Please note that the Town of Lincoln requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired and provide proof of full vaccination or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption on a form issued from and approved by the Town of Lincoln
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by 4:30 PM on Friday, Feb. 18, 2022 to:
To apply please use one of the following options:
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.
- Date modified: