Prudhommes Secondary Plan Update
Prudhommes Secondary Plan Update
The Town of Lincoln and Niagara Region have initiated an update to the Prudhommes Secondary Plan. The project will set out a new urban vision, urban design and public realm guidelines, updated land use designations, servicing strategies, transportation requirements, and implementation policies. The Prudhommes Secondary Plan area is over 50 hectares in size and is bounded by Lake Ontario on the north, the QEW on the south, Jordan Road on the east and Victoria Avenue on the west.
The Official Plan Amendment No. 3 () to the Town's Official Plan has been approved by Niagara Region (Report PDS 30-2018 pgs 164-242) on July 26, 2018. The application is in the appeal period and Aug. 16, 2018, is the last day an appeal may be filed.
Decision to Approve
On July 26, 2018, the Council of the Regional Municipality of Niagara, as the approval authority under the Planning Act, has made a decision to modify and approve Official Plan Amendment No. 3 – Prudhommes Secondary Plan to the Town's Official Plan.
The decision for the lands on the east side of Jordan Harbour have been deferred by Regional Council until conformity with the Greenbelt Plan can be achieved.
Notices of appeal (until Aug. 16, 2018) may only be made on the basis that:
- the Official Plan Amendment is inconsistent with a policy statement issued under subsection 3 (1) of the Planning Act, fails to conform with or conflicts with a provincial plan, or fails to conform with an applicable Official Plan;
- it is accompanied by the fee required by the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal Act being $300.00, payable to the Ontario Minister of Finance; and
- is filed in writing with the Regional Clerk.
The decision of the Regional Municipality of Niagara is final if a notice of appeal is not received on or before the last day for filing a notice of appeal.
Niagara Region PDS 11-2018 (pgs 18-163)
Town of Lincoln final Prudhommes Secondary Plan recommendation report - April 16, 2018 - Approved
A team of consultants specializing in planning, design and engineering were retained to prepare the Secondary Plan update. As an initial step in the process, a kick off presentation was held on September 7, 2016. Ken Greenberg http://greenbergconsultants.com, a renowned urban designer, teacher and writer, highlighted the tremendous opportunities for this site:
- 2016 09 07 Prudhommes Charette Public Presentation Part 1
- 2016 09 07 Prudhommes Charette Public Presentation Part 2
- 2016 09 07 Prudhommes Charette Public Presentation Part 3
Current concepts as a result of September 7, 2016, public and stakeholder feedback sessions:
- 2016 09 08 Concept 1 Central Parks
- 2016 09 08 Concept 2 Linear Parks
- 2016 09 08 Concept 3 String of Parks along the Lake
As a result of the public and stakeholder feedback on September 8, 2016, the three design concepts were revised and presented on October 26, 2016.
Additionally, the Consultants prepared a Community Visioning Report which provides a summary of the September 7 & 8, 2016 presentations:
2016 10 18 Community Visioning Report
As a result of this session, the project team requested input to refine the “preferred plan” and prepare draft Urban Design Guidelines that informed the revised Recommended Concept Plan presented at the March 29, 2017 community information session.
Recommended Concept Plan March 29
On Oct. 17, 2017, the Town's consultants and Town staff presented to Council another iteration of the draft Secondary Plan based on March's community information session where feedback was provided to the Concept Plan
- Council reviewed plan and provided comment
- Consultation with property owners (i.e., developers) & consultants occurred
- Oct. 17 Special Planning Meeting - Final Draft Plan
The statutory public meeting was held in the Town Council Chambers on January 8 & 9, 2018. The purpose of the public meetings was to provide a detailed overview of and obtain input for the final Prudhommes Draft Secondary Plan.
- Date modified: