Prudhommes Secondary Plan Update
Prudhommes Secondary Plan Update
The Town of Lincoln and Niagara Region have initiated an update to the Prudhommes Secondary Plan. The project will set out a new urban vision, urban design and public realm guidelines, updated land use designations, servicing strategies, transportation requirements, and implementation policies. The Prudhommes Secondary Plan area is over 50 hectares in size and is bounded by Lake Ontario on the north, the QEW on the south, Jordan Road on the east and Victoria Avenue on the west.
Public Meetings for Final Draft of Secondary Plan
The statutory public meeting was held in the Town Council Chambers on January 8 & 9, 2018. The purpose of the public meetings was to provide a detailed overview of and obtain input for the final Prudhommes Draft Secondary Plan.
Following the Jan. 8 & 9, 2018, public meetings:
- Town staff will continue to consider input received from interested stakeholders, including the public, landowners and appropriate agencies
- Revisions to the Draft Plan will be undertaken, as appropriate.
- Once this process is complete, the Secondary Plan will be finalized and will be brought forward to Council with a Recommendation from Town staff that it be adopted into the Town Official Plan
- All individuals that signed the visitor registers at the public meeting, or have otherwise submitted requests to receive all related correspondence will be notified of the date and time of the Planning Committee meeting where this recommendation will be considered
- Following Committee and Council’s decision, a 20-day appeal period will be provided in accordance with the provisions of the Planning Act. Subsequently, the requirement for Niagara Regional approval will be confirmed
A team of consultants specializing in planning, design and engineering were retained to prepare the Secondary Plan update. As an initial step in the process, a kick off presentation was held on September 7, 2016. Ken Greenberg http://greenbergconsultants.com, a renowned urban designer, teacher and writer, highlighted the tremendous opportunities for this site:
- 2016 09 07 Prudhommes Charette Public Presentation Part 1
- 2016 09 07 Prudhommes Charette Public Presentation Part 2
- 2016 09 07 Prudhommes Charette Public Presentation Part 3
Current concepts as a result of September 7, 2016, public and stakeholder feedback sessions:
- 2016 09 08 Concept 1 Central Parks
- 2016 09 08 Concept 2 Linear Parks
- 2016 09 08 Concept 3 String of Parks along the Lake
As a result of the public and stakeholder feedback on September 8, 2016, the three design concepts were revised and presented on October 26, 2016.
Additionally, the Consultants prepared a Community Visioning Report which provides a summary of the September 7 & 8, 2016 presentations:
2016 10 18 Community Visioning Report
As a result of this session, the project team requested input to refine the “preferred plan” and prepare draft Urban Design Guidelines that informed the revised Recommended Concept Plan presented at the March 29, 2017 community information session.
Recommended Concept Plan March 29
On Oct. 17, 2017, the Town's consultants and Town staff presented to Council another iteration of the draft Secondary Plan based on March's community information session where feedback was provided to the Concept Plan
- Council reviewed plan and provided comment
- Consultation with property owners (i.e., developers) & consultants occurred
- Oct. 17 Special Planning Meeting - Final Draft Plan
- Date modified: