Manager of Development Engineering
Manager of Development Engineering / Prudhommes
To support growth in the community, the Town of Lincoln is looking to hire a Manager of Development Engineering. The Town of Lincoln, located in the beautiful Niagara Region, offers a unique environment that encompasses Lake Ontario, the Bruce Trail and Niagara Escarpment and is situated between Hamilton and St. Catharines. Steeped in a rich history and home to one of the fastest growing municipalities, Lincoln is a place to grow, a place to prosper and a place to belong.
Reporting to the Director, Planning & Development, the Manager of Development Engineering is the primary liaison responsible for managing the technical development review aspect of development in the Town throughout the planning application and construction phases. The main priority will be the Prudhommes Development site (approximately 50 hectares in size) but there will also be carried of other files from a Development Engineering standpoint. This position will be responsible for liaising with agencies, as appropriate, and will serve as the principle point of contact for development engineering between the Town and developer / consultant engineering staff. A primary objective will be to practice a solutions oriented approach aimed at addressing technical issues both conceptual and in the field.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma Civil Engineering or a related field
- Professional designation (e.g. P.Eng, EIT or CET)
- PMP certification would be considered an asset
- Minimum seven (7) years of related work experience, ideally in a municipal setting
- Valid Ontario “G” driver’s license
- Demonstrated leadership skills acquired through progressive experience
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications and Ontario’s land use planning system, T.A.C., Geometric Guidelines and municipal government processes;
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including evening and weekend work.
The Town of Lincoln offers an attractive, competitive salary, benefits and pension package, a progressive work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Please note that the Town of Lincoln requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired and provide proof of full vaccination or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption on a form issued from and approved by the Town of Lincoln.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by 4:30 p.m. on Friday May 27, 2022.
To apply please use one of the following options:
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.
- Date modified: