Museum Assistant (28 hrs/week – Contract until October 2023)
The Town of Lincoln is looking for a Museum Assistant to work at the Lincoln Museum and Cultural Centre. This 28 hr/week position is responsible for visitor related interactions within the facility in person as well as over the phone and electronically. In addition, this position is also responsible for assisting with the digitization of object records of the museum’s collections. This involves scanning and saving all physical records so they can be retained digitally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the museum’s digitization projects involving multiple types of original record formats (e.g. photographic, textual, bound volume, etc.)
- Digitally imaging fragile historic material using appropriate handling techniques
- Acting as front-facing museum visitor service staff within the facility, providing detailed information and support to all visitors, helping to ensure an exceptional visitor experience.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience working in archives, museums, libraries, or heritage organizations.
- Strong attention to detail
- Completion of grade 12
- At least one year experience in a customer service field
- Experience delivering a wide range of information and services to diverse customers
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- A strong commitment to provide excellent customer service
- Adaptable to change, ability to grasp new concepts quickly, and excel in a team environment as well as independently
- Experience handling payments and transactions using safe and secure practices
- Excellent time management, and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of various computer applications.
Hours will typically be 9am-5pm Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday; and Friday 10am-8pm. The current wage is $21.91/ hour. Although the position would be 4 days per week (Tuesday – Friday) flexibility in work hours and schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays is required.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resumes by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday October 2nd, 2022.
To apply please use one of the following options:
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.
- Date modified: