Public Service Announcement - Snow Storm Preparation
Snow Storm Preparation & Cold Weather Alert
Environment Canada is forecasting a large snow storm to pass through Lincoln on Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019. Snow is expected in the morning through to late evening.
Additionally, Public Health has issued a cold weather alert that will be in effect starting Sunday, Jan. 20, 2019.
Therefore, the Town is advising residents of the following:
- In advance of the storm:
- Please remove your car from the street to assist snow plows to get to your road. If cars are blocking the street, plows may not be able to clear your road.
- Remove your garbage & recycling bins from the curb
- During the storm:
- The focus of snow removal will be on primary roads, or roads requiring frequent emergency access. During the height of the storm, the Town's primary responsibility is to ensure emergency vehicles can respond accordingly
- Given the forecasted impact of this storm, secondary roads (subdivisions) may not have snow removal until Sunday. Currently Environment Canada is discouraging any road travel on Saturday as a result of the volume of snow expected.
- After the storm:
- Clean up of this storm may last until Monday on our secondary roads
- Warming centres:
- Sunday, Jan. 20 - Jordan Arena & Fleming Centre from 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Please note the Town will be busy responding to the storm on Saturday & Sunday. Phone calls to Town Hall will be received by leaving a voice message & we will be pleased to return your call after the storm. If your situation is an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
- Date modified: