Media Release - Town closing park equipment & amenities as further precaution
Town closing park equipment & amenities as further precaution
Lincoln, ON – (March 25, 2020) – Effective immediately, the Town is closing all park equipment & amenities, including the leash-free dog park. Green spaces & trails remain open. The closure of park equipment & amenities is a necessary step to help reduce the risk of potential transmission of Coronavirus. Furthermore, this closure aligns with direction to residents to practice social distance, avoid gathering in public settings, and whenever possible, stay home.
Signs have been installed & the leash-free dog park has been closed & locked.
- Playground structures
- Benches & tables
- Basketball courts
- Sports fields
- Or any other item that is high touch or encourages the gathering of people
- Leash-free dog park (due to confined and closed off space)
- Open green spaces in the parks
If residents choose to use the open park space:
- Use at your own risk
- Stay 6 feet (2 metres) away from other park users when using open green space or leash free park
- Do not come to park if you’re sick
For information about the Town’s services and our response during the Coronavirus pandemic, visit the Coronavirus website for the most up to date information.
Chief Strategic Communications & Public Affairs Officer
Office of the CAO, Town of Lincoln\
Office: 905-563-2799 ext. 230
- Date modified: