Coronavirus Update - April 2, 2020
Enforcement of Mandatory Closures & Restrictions
The Government of Ontario has closed non-essential businesses, outdoor recreational facilities, & has prohibited gatherings of more than five people, on order to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Restrictions may be expanded or modified by the Government of Ontario. Check their website for the latest updates and detailed information.
It is time for Lincoln citizens to DO YOUR PART & follow the rules in place. This is serious.
The Town's Municipal Law Enforcement team & Niagara Regional Police Services are enforcing these restrictions. Individuals found to be in non-compliance of these restrictions may be fined as per the Ontario Government Emergency Order.
Closures & Restrictions, to date:
Non-essential business must close
- Grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants offering takeout, & businesses deemed essential may remain open.
Gatherings of more than five people are prohibited
- Social gatherings of more than five people are prohibited. Strict exceptions include families of more than five people, and child care centres serving essential workers
Outdoor recreational amenities closed
- Includes all playgrounds (schools & municipal), sports fields, off-leash dog parks, beaches, picnic areas and others
- Green spaces in parks, trails, ravines and conservation areas that aren’t otherwise closed remain open for walk through access, but physical distancing must be maintained
Complaints for large gatherings & people using facilities that are closed:
- Call our Municipal Law Enforcement team at 905-563-2799 ext. 289, between 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Please do not call 9-1-1
- After hours, call NRPS non-emergency line at 905-688-4111
Complaints about businesses operating that are non-essential:
- Call the Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659
Government of Ontario (March 30 News Release) - Ontario Extends Emergency Declaration to Stop the Spread of COVID-19
- Date modified: