Media release: No public or staff safety concerns as a result of positive COVID-19 case at Town of Lincoln facility
Lincoln, ON - (Nov. 17, 2020) – As an update to the Town of Lincoln media release issued on November 16, the Town has been in touch with Niagara Region Public Health regarding contact tracing with the staff person who tested positive for COVID-19. The Town has been advised that there is no concern with public or staff safety at the Jordan Arena relative to this case, and that no member of the public that attended this facility will be contacted.
“This is very good news for our staff and for the community. We are also happy to report that our staff member is doing well and quarantining at home,” said Michael Kirkopoulos, CAO of the Town of Lincoln. “We take this opportunity to remind everyone to be cautious and follow all public health protocols as the risk of exposure is still present in the community.”
The Town continues to implement policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all who work in and attend our facilities, in accordance with our COVID-19 Safety Plan. The best way to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including COVID-19 is to:
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding close interaction with others (stay 2 metres apart).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Wear a face covering in public and in accordance with Niagara’s Face Covering By-law.
- Limit trips into the community to specific purposes that are important to you (e.g. shopping, dining, particular recreational activities), since extra time outside of the home adds to crowds and makes it more difficult for others to physically distance.
- Stay home if you are sick. Although COVID-19 is often very mild, minor symptoms should not be ignored.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve.
For further information on the Town’s response to COVID-19, visit www.lincoln.ca/coronavirus-pandemic.
- 30 -
For more information, please contact:
Manager of Corporate Communications
Town of Lincoln
Direct: 905-563-2799 ext. 230
- Date modified: