Public Notice: April 20, 2021 - Nineteenth Street Closure (Wismer St. to King St.) Enbridge Gas Relocation Works
Nineteenth Street Closure (Wismer St. to King St.) Enbridge Gas Relocation Works
To facilitate the relocation of the existing gas main, Nineteenth Street will be closed from Wismer Street to King Street. The closure is expected to last 3 days starting Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 7:00 a.m.
There will be no interruption in service to residents and businesses.
- When heading north, head down Main Street and join Nineteenth Street at the Wismer Street Intersection.
- When heading south, head down Wismer Street, south on Main Street and join King Street.
Nineteenth Street will be available for local and business access only from the north end, as Enbridge Gas will have an open excavation just north of King Street.
Expected activities over the 3 days include:
- Setup traffic plan in accordance with Book 7
- Complete excavation and staging of equipment
- Complete gas connections
- Purge existing gas main (may smell “rotten eggs” for a few minutes but it is harmless and will dissipate quickly)
- Backfill and reinstate road surface, sidewalks and boulevard
- Disassemble Traffic plan (barriers and cones)
For any questions or concerns, please contact:
- James Callaghan, Enbridge Gas: 905-641-6714
- Dave Bader, Town of Lincoln: 289-668-8819
- Date modified: