Public Service Announcement: Cooling space activated on Sunday, June 6
Lincoln ON - (June 6, 2021) - Due to high temperatures in the forecast, the Town of Lincoln has activated its current cooling space at the Fleming Centre. Temperatures are expected to reach over 31 degrees Celsius, with humidex in the high 30s for both Sunday, June 6 and Monday, June 7.
Stay cool and safe at the following locations:
Fleming Centre (5020 Serena Dr, Beamsville) – Designated Cooling Centre
- Hours 11:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
- There are washrooms on site
- Admission is free
Charles Daley Park (1969 North Service Rd., Jordan Station)
- Hours: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Hilary Bald Park Splash Pad (Garden Gate Terrace, Beamsville)
- Jordan Lions Park Splash Pad (2793 4th Avenue, Jordan)
- Angelina Prokich Park (5080 St. George’s Dr.)
The Town of Lincoln is following provincial guidelines and direction from public health to help protect against the spread of COVID-19. For everyone’s safety, measures will be in place at all cooling sites to reinforce safe physical distancing. We encourage attendees to keep two metres/six feet distance from others (or wear a mask or face covering) practice good hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
Please do not attend any cooling space, and contact public health if you:
- Have had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
- Have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Have any of the following symptoms: fever, new onset of cough, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell, chills, headaches, unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias), nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, pink eye (conjunctivitis), runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause.
- Date modified: