Oaths and Declarations (Affidavits)
Commissioner of Oaths and Declarations
Notary Public Services
The Town of Lincoln Commissioner of Oaths are not Notary Publics. You will have to contact a professional lawyer, notary public entitled to practice law in Ontario, or a justice of the peace to sign those documents.
Commissioner of Oaths Services
- A commissioner is a person authorized by the Province of Ontario to take oaths or declarations when you sign an affidavit or statutory declaration
- The Town Clerk or Deputy Town Clerk of the Town of Lincoln are, by virtue of office, commissioners for taking affidavits
- We reserve the right to refuse commissioning services of any document
- A document that is in any language entirely other than English will not be commissioned as we cannot validate the information
- The service is provided subject to availability of a Commissioner of Oaths during regular business hours
- Residents are required to call ahead and make an appointment
- Please contact the Town of Lincoln reception at 905-563-8205 in advance to confirm that your document can be commissioned by the Town's Commissioner of Oaths and to make an appointment, subject to availability
Fees (per signature)
- Resident: $20.40
- Non-resident: $25.50
- The person(s) signing the affidavit must show current proper government issued identification bearing the photograph and signature of the declarant (such as a valid Driver's License or Passport) and is required to sign in the presence of the Commissioner.
Domestic and Foreign Pension Documents – Proof of Life (no fee)
The service is provided subject to availability of the Town Clerk or Deputy Town Clerk. Residents are required to call ahead and make an appointment no fee is applicable.
Commissioner of Oaths can sign documents, at their discretion, that include but are not limited to the following:
Proof of residency;
Vehicle transfer of ownership;
- Pension plan;
- Domestic and Foreign Pension – Proof of Life (no fee)
- Certify documents as 'true copies';
- Certification of an identifiable individual's signature;
- Government-related forms; and
- Town of Lincoln department forms.
- Life certificates for foreign pensions
The Commissioner of Oaths will not sign documents related to the following:
- Consent to travel with children (travel letters);
- Living wills;
- Codicils to wills;
- Land transfer documents
- Powers of attorney;
- Divorce, separation or custody;
- Real estate;
- Court documents or documents related to court proceedings; and
- Documents that require the signature of a Notary Public.
- Passport (in lieu of guarantor )
- Proof of residency
- Date modified: