Parks Seasonal Operations Staff
PARKS SEASONAL OPERATIONS STAFF 2022
Parks Summer Youth Positions (Seasonal May to Sept) & Parks Temp Positions (Seasonal April to October)
Includes evenings, weekends, holidays, and shift work
Parks Seasonal Staff are responsible for the delivery of Parks Operations maintenance functions, including the operation of vehicles and small equipment/machinery and routine and specialized maintenance. Duties may include (but are not limited to) planting, watering, weeding and maintenance of annual and perennial beds, shrubs, and horticultural displays; turf maintenance, including mowing, trimming, aeration, fertilization and renovation activities, forestry operations, including mulching, pruning; sports field maintenance including lining, gilling, turf cutting, renovations and general maintenance. Other duties will include litter picking and garbage/recycling collection and disposal in parks Town-wide and assisting staff in the inspection, cleaning, and repair of park amenities such as playgrounds, splash pads and picnic shelters and assist in the set-up, take-down, clean-up for community and special events. Parks staff may be re-deployed to various locations, shifts and / or assigned a variety of job responsibilities on a day-to-day basis. The hourly rate is $15.58.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Previous experience in turf or sports field maintenance, horticulture, construction, or other outdoor maintenance is an asset.
- Formal education in turf or sports field maintenance, horticulture, forestry, or other education relevant to the position would be an asset.
- All applicants must be available to work the entire duration of the term, based on 40-hour work week including possible evenings, weekends, holidays, and shift work.
- A valid and unrestricted Ontario Driver's License Class G. Must be competent in operating a variety of vehicles, sizes and types.
- Will be assigned alternate duties, shifts or locations based on the operational needs.
- Must hold Emergency First Aid Certification.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with the public courteously and effectively.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in varying climate conditions.
- Must possess Green Patch CSA approved safety boots.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, and be exposed to vibration, unpleasant smells, fumes, dust and flying particles.
- Must be able to bend, lift (up to 55 lbs.), equipment operation, climbing, walking, pushing, sitting, standing and repetitive motion.
Hours and shifts may vary; but candidates must be available to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and shift work. The hourly rate is $15.58.
Please note that the Town of Lincoln requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired and provide proof of full vaccination or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption on a form issued from and approved by the Town of Lincoln
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by 4:30 PM on Friday, Feb. 18, 2022 to:
To apply please use one of the following options:
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.
- Date modified: