Project Manager - Capital Projects
Project Manager - Capital Projects (3 Year Contract)
To support growth in the community, the Town of Lincoln is looking to hire an additional Project Manager. The Town of Lincoln, located in the beautiful Niagara Region, offers a unique environment that encompasses Lake Ontario, the Bruce Trail and Niagara Escarpment and is situated between Hamilton and St. Catharines. Steeped in a rich history and home to one of the fastest growing municipalities, Lincoln is a place to grow, a place to prosper and a place to belong.
Reporting to the Manager of Capital and Infrastructure Projects, the Project Manager (Capital Projects) will is the primary liaison responsible for planning, executing, and delivering various corporate capital projects, with a focus on PW infrastructure projects, on time, within budget and in accordance with specifications. The Project Manager will define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources, and oversee external consultants and contractors. Using a proactive approach, and emphasizing customer service, this position requires efficient and effective communication between all stakeholders including within the community, Town of Lincoln staff, Town Council and local businesses.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a Civil or related Engineering discipline
- PMP certification would be considered an asset
- Minimum five – seven (5-7) years of related work experience, ideally in a municipal setting
- Valid Ontario “G” driver’s license
- Demonstrated leadership skills acquired through progressive experience leading projects
- Experience managing contracted services to ensure compliance
- Experience in road design, water, sanitary and storm infrastructure would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, planning, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including evening and weekend work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The Town of Lincoln offers an attractive, competitive salary, benefits and pension package, a progressive work environment, and career advancement opportunities. The salary range for this position (based on a 35-hour work week) is: $88,240 - $99,315.
Please note that the Town of Lincoln requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired and provide proof of full vaccination or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption on a form issued from and approved by the Town of Lincoln
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday November 11 2021.
To apply please use one of the following options:
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.
- Date modified: