Methods of payment
Late fees & interest is waived on property taxes, water bills & accounts receivable until June 30, 2020.
1. By mail
- To be received by 4:30 p.m. on the installment due date and addressed to:
Town of Lincoln Tax Department
4800 South Service Road
Beamsville, ON L0R 1B1
2. In person
- At the Municipal Office during office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday) by cash, cheque or debit card or by depositing payment by cheque in the After Hours Mail Deposit located at the front entrance of Town Hall.
3. At most financial institutions
- Until the installment due date. Please allow 5 business days for processing or penalty and interest may apply.
4. Pre-authorized payment
- Automatic withdrawal from your bank account on the instalment due date, 10-month instalment plan, or 12-month tax arrears plan (for accounts in arrears and subject to approval)
- If you wish to set up your tax account on a pre-authorized payment plan, please complete our Pre-authorized Payment Plan Form and return it to the Town of Lincoln cashier. The cashier will contact you with the monthly amount calculated to start.
Information regarding the amount to be withdrawn will be mailed via letter in December of each year for the first 6 payments (Jan-June). However, please note that the amount of your final 4 payments (July-Oct) will be noted at the bottom of your Final property tax bill mailed at the end of June each year.
For more information or questions, please contact 905-563-2799 ext. 222
5. Electronic bill payment
- Telephone banking, ATM Machine, software linkups, etc. (It will be necessary for you to apply at your financial institution for this service).
- Please allow sufficient time for payments to reach the Town by the due date. Up to 3 business days may be required for bank payments.
6. Credit card (2 options offered)
- Through Paymentus Corporation, a third party automated payment service, that accepts Visa or MasterCard. A convenience fee will be charged by Paymentus. For your Account Number, please indicate your 19-digit roll number on your property tax bill (example: 2622...0000). Please allow 3-5 business days for processing.
- Through www.paytm.ca, a third-party automated payment service, that accepts MasterCard. A convenience fee will be charged by Paytm. For your Account Number, please use your 19-digit roll number (no period and no space) located on your property tax bill. (example; 2622…0000). Please allow 5 business days for processing.
- Date modified: