Grow Prosper Belong Community Fund
Grow Prosper Belong Community Fund
The Grow Prosper Belong Community Fund provides financial assistance for events, projects, and/or programs with an identified start-up and completion date.
The event/project/program must be held in the year the grant is awarded. Project funding allows community groups to be eligible for up to a maximum of 50% of the total costs of the event/project/project.
Those submitting a grant application are encouraged to read the entire policy that is available online. Below are highlights for reference.
An applicant organization must meet the following criteria in order to be considered to receive funds:
- Not-for-profit, community organizations
- Be located & conduct the majority of activities within geographic boundaries of Lincoln
- Only one application per organization is permitted
- Demonstrated sound financial management & good standing with the Town
- Funding requests can be defined as events/projects/programs that support, sustain, promote, inform, educate, celebrate, preserve, and/or provide access to the arts, culture, environment, social, heritage, recreation and/or health activities
- Demonstrate provision of services & programs in an effective, accessible, equitable and inclusive manner
- Demonstrate active sustainability efforts to support the continuation of an event/project/ program
- Municipal funding should not be considered as the primary source of funding
- Demonstrate need for financial assistance
- Must spend funding on the sole purpose for which it was awarded within the current fiscal year
- Preference will be given to community organizations that demonstrate positive impact to residents, efficient use of resources, sound business practices and develop volunteer knowledge, skills & self-reliance
The Town will not fund:
- For-profit organizations/businesses or individuals
- Organizations and/or activities of a political nature
- Organizations where the service component is conditional upon participation in the religious activities or the organization
- Regional, provincial and national events outside of Lincoln
- Hospitals, clinic-based services or medical treatment programs
- Events where the proceeds do not benefit Lincoln residents
- Organizations that conduct the majority of their activities outside of Lincoln
- Costs for major capital equipment/renovations and minor renovations & financing of deficits
- Direct remuneration of employees or honorariums for volunteers
- Funding will not be provided for accumulated deficits
- Financial assistance consideration is based only on budget revenues & expenditures in the year for which the assistance is requested
- Fee waivers and registration fees, travel or accommodation, uniforms, personal equipment, consultant costs, food, beverage or alcohol, & borrowing costs
- Organizations who have failed to provide satisfactory reports, including financial receipts & supporting documents & specifically with respect to the allocation of funds
No community organization shall receive more than 25% of the Town’s overall annual approved grant funding.
Applications are now being accepted until Feb. 15, 2021
Download and complete the application form
Submit completed application form to the attention of Lori Laird, Recreation Coordinator. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off hard copy at Town Hall (4800 South Service Rd., Beamsville).
For further information please contact the Recreation Coordinator at 905-563-2799 ext. 283 or email@example.com
- Date modified: