Public Works Week 2018
Public Works Week 2018
May 20 marks the first day of National Public Works Week. This is an opportunity to recognize the hard work and crucial skills of the Town of Lincoln's public works department. They are the foundation of our community! Read on or watch the video below to learn more about why they are so important.
Participate in the celebrations - attend the third annual Touch a Truck event!
What they do
The Public Works department administers the construction, operation and maintenance of the physical infrastructure of the Town such as road network, water and wastewater systems and construction activities.
- Snow removal for seniors – provided at no cost to seniors or individuals with disabilities. Call the public works department to inquire
- Winter operations – updates about active winter operations are provided via the Town’s Twitter and Facebook accounts and here on the website. For questions regarding winter operations, please call the public works department or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Potholes – call the public works department during normal business hours to advise staff of a pothole or submit an online customer service request form
- Streetlights - report a streetlight that is not working properly (i.e. flickering, on all the time etc.) by calling 905-563-2799 ext. 234 or submit an online customer service request form.
- In order to assist the Town in reporting deficient streetlights, please provide as much detail as possible including the pole number or the nearest municipal address.
- Reported streetlight deficiencies will be sent to the Town’s contractor for repair.
- Water services shut offs - The Town will shut off the water to facilitate work on private property. Contact the public works department during normal business hours to arrange an appointment.
- It is against the law for contractors and homeowners to open hydrants or to turn on/off water at their curb stop. Fees and charges can be found here
- Blocked sanitary sewer laterals - The Town will clear blocked sanitary services. Please contact the public works department during normal business hours, or use the emergency after hours number listed at the bottom of the page.
- Locates - The Town will provide locates for water and sewer services at no charge. Please contact Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255 before doing any excavation work, to ensure locates for all utilities, including water and sewers, are provided.
- Public works is responsible for issuing permits for a number of activities including: road occupancy, moving oversize loads, constructing a driveway entrance and installing a water/sewer service connection to the municipal system.
- Applications for most activities are available online.
If you see a problem with a pothole, an uneven piece of sidewalk, etc call 905-563-8205 or email email@example.com. Staff will investigate and decide on an appropriate course of action.
Public Works Emergency After-Hours Contact: If you have an emergency after regular business hours with water, sewers or roads
- Date modified: