Roadside Mowing Program
Roadside Growth Maintenance
The Town of Lincoln provides roadside mowing along shoulders three times a year in rural areas of the Town.
Important things to note about the roadside mowing program:
What is the purpose?
Preserve driver and biker sight lines
- Allow for positive surface drainage from road to adjacent ditches
- Improve the overall appearance and tidiness of the roadside
What is the difference between first, second and third cuts?
The first and second cuts include the front of the ditch only (from the centre of the ditch to the road's edge)
- The third cut includes the front AND back sides of the ditch (from the centre of the ditch to the slope of the ditch on the property owner’s side)
What is the order of roadside mowing?
- This year mowing will take place in the direction of west to east - i.e. Beamsville to Jordan
- Starting with roads at the bottom of the escarpment, then moving upwards
How wide is the cut?
- There is only one tractor that is used for roadside mowing, therefore, the width of the cut varies depending on how accessible the roadside is for the tractor
For more information or questions please contact the public works department.
- Date modified: