To support growth in the community, the Town of Lincoln is looking to hire a Solutions Analyst. The Town of Lincoln, located in the beautiful Niagara Region, offers a unique environment that encompasses Lake Ontario, the Bruce Trail and Niagara Escarpment and is situated between Hamilton and St. Catharines. Steeped in a rich history and home to one of the fastest growing municipalities, Lincoln is a place to grow, a place to prosper and a place to belong.
Reporting to the Manager of Enterprise Services, the Solutions Analyst effectively implements, enhances, and supports business solutions and the various integrations between systems. The Solutions Analyst is responsible for investigating and resolving issues pertaining the business solutions, including implementing upgrades and resolving conflicts or errors in applications. The Solutions Analyst will work closely with the Project Manager, Business Analyst, and business areas in implementing business requirements for technology-related projects. In addition, the Solutions Analyst would work with the Project Manager or Business Analyst in requirements gathering, planning, re-engineering of business processes, and the development of technical requirements. The Solutions Analyst will serve as the point of escalation for the Help Desk Analyst for “tier 2-3” tickets, software configuration or software development and will be required to participate in the Town’s IT on-call rotation.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Post-secondary diploma, degree, or combined experience in Information Technology or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of IT software administration experience
- A valid Ontario Class “G” or “G2” driver’s license.
- Technical knowledge of:
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Exchange
- Working knowledge of SQL Server
- Windows 10, Windows Server & MacOS
- Active Directory, Group Policy, & Azure Active Directory
- Payment system fundamentals
- Web Technologies (DNS, Drupal)
- Endpoint devices (Microcomputers, laptops, tablets, mobile, etc) troubleshooting and repair
- RMM and MDMN usage and administration
- Experience with organizing and carrying out the planning, acquisition, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise software solutions
- Familiarity with cyber security best practices for enterprise software solutions.
- Experience augmenting and maintaining a knowledgebase
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Friendly, personable, and client focused
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Able to work independently and with limited supervision
This position will require on-going flexibility for scheduled afternoon and evening shifts as needed with notice. This position requires on-site working commitments.
The Town of Lincoln offers an attractive, competitive salary, benefits and pension package, a progressive work environment, and career advancement opportunities. The salary for this position is based on experience with the opportunity for growth.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by 11:59pm Sunday December 4th, 2022.
To apply please use one of the following options:
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication support, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.
- Date modified: