Service Line Warranty Program
An Optional Service Line Warranty Program for Lincoln Homeowners
The Town of Lincoln, in conjunction with Service Line Warranties of Canada, also known as SLWC, offers an optional Service Line Warranty program to homeowners. The Town wishes to make residents aware of the availability of this product since water and sewer line repairs can be very expensive. SLWC is associated with the Association of Municipalities of Ontario as a preferred vendor and has partnered with over 65 leading cities and municipalities in Canada to provide repair service plans that offer peace of mind and convenience. SLWC has provided over $6M in coverage since they first launched in 2014.
Participation is optional and voluntary for homeowners in Lincoln, and not a Town program. SLWC is a partner and solely responsible for the administration and service of the warranty programs. A homeowner, who chooses to enrol in this program, should do so with the understanding that the Town in no way warrants or is liable for the work or performance of SLWC.
Did you know?
As a homeowner you are responsible for the water and sewer service lines that run from outside your home to the public main. When your service line breaks, leaks or clogs, the repair could cost thousands of dollars - hard on a budget! Many homeowner policies do not cover these repair costs. Please check with your insurance provider.
To sign up or get more details about the program please contact Service Line Warranties of Canada directly:
Toll-free phone: 1-866-922-9004
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the SLWC program a legitimate program?
- Yes it is and has been vetted by the Local Authority Services through the Association of Municipalities of Ontario to be identified as a preferred vendor. The Town has partnered with SLWC to provide an optional warranty coverage for their water services and sanitary laterals. The Town does not administer this program. Also make a note that if they are interested they should check with their current insurance provider to make sure that they are not already covered.
Why did the Town give out my mailing address? How did SLWC get my mailing address?
The Town did not provide your details to SLWC. SLWC works with Data Axel to gather mailing information from several publicly available sources including real estate listings, phone white pages etc.
Can I be removed from the mailing list?
Yes, you can. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-563-8205 ext. 234 to be removed from the mailing list.
Why did we use an American company?
While SLW is headquartered in the US, they do have a Canadian Head Office in Toronto. SLWC also works with local contractors when completing repairs.
I am not on Town water or sewer, why did I receive this notification?
One reason is that the Town only provides the postal codes for Lincoln to SLWC. The other reason is that SLWC also has coverage for internal plumbing and for any piping in your yard between your house and the well/cistern or septic tank.
Partnering with Service Line Warranties of Canada
Service Line Warranties of Canada or SLWC is a private company that provides optional water and/or wastewater warranty plans to homeowners. SLWC is an accredited Better Business Bureau organization that has maintained an A+ rating
Lincoln has partnered with SLWC:
- To educate residential property owners about their responsibilities for the maintenance, repair and replacement of water and sewer service lines (portion from their homes to the property line) – at no cost to the Town
- To make available to residents optional affordable protection unexpected costs of repairing or replacing non-functioning water and services lines, as well as, broken interior plumbing and drainage systems
- The Town can be assured that all repairs are performed to code and that all appropriate permitting is pulled. Additionally, SLWC only uses qualified local contractors so repair dollars stay within the community helping the local economy.
- Cost savings to property owners because timely repairs are completed to reduce water loss. Timely sewer line repairs minimize wastewater pollution helping the environment.
- Cost savings to the Town as a result of fewer calls and involvement of Town staff regarding infrastructure that is the responsibility of property owners
SLWC does offer the Town itself compensation for allowing the use of the Town logo on the warranty offering letters that homeowners receive. The support from the Town alerts residents of the legitimacy of the program resulting in more enrolments, which in turn allows SLWC to offer the warranties at lower prices to residents because of the increased participation. The revenue the Town receives helps to keep Lincoln's water and wastewater/storm rates affordable.
Lincoln residents should expect to receive a program and reminder letter from SLWC twice a year.
- Date modified: