Service Line Warranty Program
An Optional Service Line Warranty Program for Lincoln Homeowners
The Town of Lincoln, in conjunction with Service Line Warranties of Canada, also known as SLWC, offers an optional Service Line Warranty program to homeowners. The Town wishes to make residents aware of the availability of this product since water and sewer line repairs can be very expensive. First launched in 2014, SLWC has partnered with over 35 leading cities and municipalities in Canada to provide repair service plans that offer peace of mind and convenience.
Participation is optional and voluntary for homeowners in Lincoln, and not a Town program. SLWC is a partner and solely responsible for the administration and service of the warranty programs. A homeowner, who chooses to enrol in this program, should do so with the understanding that the Town in no way warrants or is liable for the work or performance of SLWC.
Did you know
As a homeowner you are responsible for the water and sewer service lines that run from outside your home to the public main. When your service line breaks, leaks or clogs, the repair could cost thousands of dollars - hard on a budget! Homeowner policies do not cover these repair costs.
To sign up or get more details about the program please contact Service Line Warranties of Canada directly.
Toll free phone: 1-866-922-9004
Partnering with Service Line Warranties of Canada
Service Line Warranties of Canada or SLWC is a private company that provides optional water and/or wastewater warranty plans to homeowners. SLWC is an accredited Better Business Bureau organization that has maintained an A+ rating
Lincoln has partnered with SLWC:
- To educate residential property owners about their responsibilities for the maintenance, repair and replacement of water and sewer service lines (portion from their homes to the property line) – at no cost to the Town
- To make available to residents optional affordable protection unexpected costs of repairing or replacing non-functioning water and services lines, as well as, broken interior plumbing and drainage systems
- The Town can be assured that all repairs are performed to code and that all appropriate permitting is pulled. Additionally, SLWC only uses qualified local contractors so repair dollars stay within the community helping the local economy.
- Cost savings to property owners because timely repairs are completed to reduce water loss. Timely sewer line repairs minimize wastewater pollution helping the environment.
- Cost savings to the Town as a result of fewer calls and involvement of Town staff regarding infrastructure that is the responsibility of property owners
SLWC does offer the Town itself compensation for allowing the use of the Town logo on the warranty offering letters that homeowners receive. The support from the Town alerts residents of the legitimacy of the program resulting in more enrolments, which in turn allows SLWC to offer the warranties at lower prices to residents because of the increased participation. The revenue the Town receives helps to keep Lincoln's water and wastewater/storm rates affordable.
Lincoln residents should expect to receive a letter from SLWC any time after Jan. 29, 2019. Reminder letters are being issued in late February.
- Date modified: