The Town of Lincoln strives to provide a barrier-free environment for our residents, job applicants, employees, suppliers, visitors, and all others who access our information, use our services and enter our buildings. It is important that you are comfortable and safe while visiting us and using our services. Not only do we strive to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) standards, but we hope to continue updating, and to exceed them in the future.
Becoming accessible by:
- Having an active Joint Accessibility Advisory Committee, wherein the majority of the members have a disability, and who offer diverse perspectives
- Preparing annual accessibility plans, making them public, and consulting with people who are disabled in the process
- Committing to help improve access to municipal elections by considering more accessible voting locations, as well as directly going to electors when necessary, to enable them to vote
- Ensuring our website content meets the AODA standards, and to make everyone’s web experience easy and interactive
- Enforcing new penalties for counterfeiting and misuse of Disabled Person Parking Permits
Our website includes the necessary tools and software compatibilities to accommodate the abilities of all persons. We strive to give everyone the equal opportunity to browse, read, listen and learn on our website. Despite our best efforts, if you are having difficulty accessing information do not hesitate to contact us for help.
- Date modified: