Age-Friendly Advisory Committee
Age-Friendly Advisory Committee (AFAC)
This Advisory Committee is a new committee for the 2018-22 term of Council.
- Comprised of eight citizens, two Councillors, & staff representatives
- AFAC will advise Council on matters related to the achievement of an age-friendly municipality, while developing and implementing an Age-Friendly Strategy.
- Further focused responsibilities to include advising on matters relating to:
- Outdoor spaces and buildings
- Social participation
- Respect and social inclusion
- Civic participation
- Communication and information
- Community support and health services
- Serve as a liaison between the community and the Town on matters pertaining to age-friendly
- Residents, local community groups and non-government organizations on age-friendly issues
- Collaborate with other internal and external agencies (i.e. Age-Friendly Niagara) to achieve the Town’s age friendly mandate and goals.
- Provide advice and research on the state of Lincoln’s age-friendliness, in cooperation with other organizations where appropriate
- Developing Strong Communities – recognizes the connection between health and well-being with the built and natural environment, public spaces, transportation, housing, and social climate, and recreational programming
- Respect and Inclusion – recognizes that all citizens are vital members of the community and responds to the needs of all citizens in a fair and equitable way, ensuring access to life supports and community resources
- Community Engagement in Decision Making – actively and intentionally includes older adults in all aspects of decision making
- Date modified: