Extreme Heat Alerts
Staying Healthy During Extreme Heat
Environment Canada issues heat alerts when:
The humidex is 40°C or higher for two consecutive days
Daily temperatures are expected to reach 31°C or higher and overnight temperatures are at least 20°C or higher, for two consecutive days
Public Health identifies those at risk and precautions to stay healthy during extreme heat.
Cooling Centres During COVID-19
Fleming Centre (5020 Serena Dr., Beamsville)
- Hours: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
There are washrooms on site, and water is available
- Visitors may enter the facility on the south side of the arena at the doors to the left of the main entrance. Please ring the bell for entry
- An area has been identified on the arena floor for the cooling centre
- All amenities normally available at the Fleming Centre will be closed
- Hours 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Hilary Bald Park Splash Pad (Garden Gate Terrace, Beamsville)
- Jordan Lions Park Splash Pad (2793 4th Avenue, Jordan)
- Angelina Prokich Park (5080 St George’s Street)
- Charles Daley Park (1969 North Service Rd., Jordan Station)
The Town of Lincoln is following provincial guidelines and direction from public health to help protect against the spread of COVID-19 at the cooling centre. For everyone’s safety, we encourage attendees to wear a mask, and measures will be in place at the site to reinforce safe physical distancing.
Please do not attend a cooling centre, and contact public health if you:
- Have had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or travelled outside of Ontario in the past 14 days.
Have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Have any of the following symptoms: fever, new onset of cough, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell, chills, headaches, unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias), nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, pink eye (conjunctivitis), runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause.
Social Supports in Lincoln & Niagara
Community Care of West Niagara
4309 Central Ave., Beamsville
Village of Hope
2831 King St., Jordan
Police & Ambulance
9-1-1 (emergency only)
Women & Youth Shelters
Social Service Programs, Hostels/Homelessness Prevention & Emergency Assistance
Call Niagara Region toll-free 1-800-263-7215
- Date modified: