High Heat Alerts
Environment Canada issues heat alerts when:
The humidex is 40°C or higher for two consecutive days
Daily temperatures are expected to reach 31°C or higher and overnight temperatures are at least 20°C or higher, for two consecutive days
Public Health identifies those at risk and precautions to stay healthy during extreme heat.
Cooling Spaces During COVID-19
Lincoln Museum & Cultural Centre (4996 Beam St., Beamsville)
- Hours: Monday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday - Sunday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- There are washrooms on site
- Admission is free
- Hours: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Hilary Bald Park Splash Pad (Garden Gate Terrace, Beamsville)
- Jordan Lions Park Splash Pad (2793 4th Avenue, Jordan)
- Angelina Prokich Park (5080 St. George’s Dr.)
- Free leisure swims, pre-registration required due to COVID-19 protocols
- Register online
- Allan F. Gretsinger Pool
- 4361 Central Ave., Beamsville
- 905-563-2799 ext. 421
- Jordan Lions Pool
- Fourth Avenue, Jordan
- 905-563-2799 ext 431
- Charles Daley Park (1969 North Service Rd., Jordan Station)
The Town of Lincoln is following provincial guidelines and direction from public health to help protect against the spread of COVID-19. For everyone’s safety, measures will be in place at all cooling sites to reinforce safe physical distancing. We encourage attendees to keep two metres/six feet distance from others (or wear a mask or face covering) practice good hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
Please do not attend any cooling space, and contact public health if you:
- Have had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
Have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Have any of the following symptoms: fever, new onset of cough, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell, chills, headaches, unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias), nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, pink eye (conjunctivitis), runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause.
Social Supports in Lincoln & Niagara
Community Care of West Niagara
4309 Central Ave., Beamsville
Village of Hope
2831 King St., Jordan
Police & Ambulance
9-1-1 (emergency only)
Women & Youth Shelters
Social Service Programs, Hostels/Homelessness Prevention & Emergency Assistance
Call Niagara Region toll-free 1-800-263-7215
- Date modified: