Lincoln Museum & Cultural Centre
Town of Lincoln Museum & Cultural Centre
- Registration for Programs & Events
- Inquiries by Phone: 905-563-2799 ext. 319 (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
The Town of Lincoln's Museum and Cultural Centre is currently located at an interim facility on one of Lincoln’s Heritage Properties in Beamsville. While a new Museum is built on the former site of the Jordan Historical Museum, the temporary location continues programming, exhibits, lectures, and special events, all of which can be found on the
4996 Beam St., Beamsville
Hours of Operation:
September to end of April
- Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday 1 - 4 p.m.
- Sunday – Closed
May to End of August
- Monday 8:30 – 4:30
- Tuesday – Friday 10 – 5
- Saturday & Sunday 10-5
By donation ($3 suggested)
Tel: 905-563-2799 ext. 292 or Email
New Museum Development
The new building will equip Lincoln’s museum with multipurpose spaces that will enable visitors of all ages to engage with exhibits in a way that has not been possible before. It will also ensure the following:
- The museum’s collection is appropriately stored, environmentally monitored and professionally curated.
- Ample space for rotating exhibits
- Proper space for the safeguarding, conservation and preservation of valuable artifacts
About the Museum
The museum shows the progression of the Town of Lincoln, with particular attention to the Twenty Mile Creek area from early pioneer settlement to established communities.
Statement of Purpose
To preserve the history of the area through collections and research, and to interpret it to the community, recognizing the museum’s responsibilities as a source of education, research, recreation, and human resources.
The mandate of the Jordan Historical Museum as defined by the Letters Patent, January 16th, 1953, states to following as the museum’s purpose and objectives:
- To establish and maintain a historical museum
- To preserve the objects, archives, and oral tradition of the past
- To promote an interest in, and the study of, material culture
- To receive, acquire, and hold gifts, donations, legacies, and devises
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives.
- Date modified: