The Town of Lincoln's New Public Transit - uLinc
The uLinc service began on Nov. 13, 2017
The Town of Lincoln has launched a free intra-municipal transit system pilot
Intra-municipal means the bus will run within Lincoln, but will have connection to the GO bus to assist residents with travelling outside of Lincoln
- The pilot is a year-long program that will see an accessible bus for 16 riders service the Town of Lincoln
- Additional features of the bus include space for two wheelchairs, a bike rack on the front (for two bicycles), and storage space for portable grocery carts and walkers
- Routes and Schedules
As this new service is a pilot, we want to hear from you. The Town is evaluating the pilot every four months. Please send us your comments
About the Pilot:
This service is FREE during the pilot period.
The pilot aims to:
- Provide mobility to members of the community
- Contribute to a higher quality of life, including improved health and community participation rates
- Facilitate economic development and support labour workforce development/accessibility
- Support future plans for sustainable development and intensification, as outlined in the Town’s Official Plan
- Support the introduction of the future GO train service in Lincoln
Duration of Pilot:
- The pilot’s duration is approximately one year.
- Routes, stops, and frequency will be assessed every 4 months to determine if adjustments are required to meet the needs of the community (within the approved budget).
Why Transit in Lincoln?
- Transit systems are an important element of complete communities as they promote equity among the town’s residents by ensuring access to reliable, affordable transportation to access town amenities, services, and businesses.
- Public transit is key to community livability and sustainability.
Background reports and presentations:
Sept. 19, 2018, Committee of the Whole Presentation (PW 18-23)
Sept. 19, 2018, Committee of the Whole Report (PW 18-23)
Town of Lincoln Transit Pilot report #1
Town of Lincoln Transit Pilot update report #2
Transit Pilot Presentation
Town of Lincoln Transit Operating Service RFP Results
- Date modified: