Prudhommes Development Site
Prudhommes Development Site
The developer is in early stages of subdivision plan application process for a portion of the Prudhommes development site, as per the Secondary Plan site. The application was considered at the July 15, 2019, Planning & Economic Development Committee, and may be ratified by Council on July 22, 2019, Council Meeting.
- The subject lands, referred to as Prudhomme's Landing, are approximately 31.64 hectares and are municipally known as 3245, 3293, 3305, 3319, 3325, 3335, and 3339 North Service Road, generally located east of Victoria Avenue North and west of Jordan Harbour
- The Town received complete applications for Zoning By-Law Amendment and Draft Plan of Subdivision for lands located in the Prudhommes Secondary Plan area, in accordance with the provisions of the Planning Act, as amended in February & March 2019
- The proposed Zoning By-Law Amendment and proposed Draft Plan of Subdivision applications have been submitted to permit approximately 1,559 residential units consisting of a range of low density, medium density, high density, and mixed use housing forms, and employment, commercial, natural environment, park and open space uses.
- Public input on the proposed draft & concept plan occurred at two open houses on March 26, 2019, and a formal public and Council meeting on April 8, 2019
- As a result of the input received, an updated concept plan & draft plan were submitted by the developer, with a recommendation report by staff for Council to consider:
PD-57-19 - Zoning By-law Amendment and Draft Plan of Subdivision Applications (Prudhommes Landing) by Prudhommes General Partner Inc. (FBH Group)
- Appendix A - Proposed Draft Plan (July 2019)
- Appendix B - Prudhomme's Landing Concept Plan (July 2019)
- PD-57-19 - Zoning By-law Amendment and Draft Plan of Subdivision Applications (Prudhommes Landing) by Prudhommes General Partner Inc. (FBH Group)
Inquiries can be directed to the Planning Department at 905-563-2799 ext. 241, or online.
Prudhommes Secondary Plan Background :
The Town of Lincoln and Niagara Region initiated an update to the Prudhommes Secondary Plan. The project sets out a new urban vision, urban design and public realm guidelines, updated land-use designations, servicing strategies, transportation requirements, and implementation policies. The Prudhommes Secondary Plan area is over 50 hectares in size and is bounded by Lake Ontario on the north, the QEW on the south, Jordan Road on the east and Victoria Avenue on the west.
Decision to Approve
On July 26, 2018, the Council of the Regional Municipality of Niagara, as the approval authority under the Planning Act, has made a decision to modify and approve Official Plan Amendment No. 3 – Prudhommes Secondary Plan to the Town's Official Plan.
The decision for the lands on the east side of Jordan Harbour have been deferred by Regional Council until conformity with the Greenbelt Plan can be achieved.
Notices of appeal period is complete. The decision of the Regional Municipality of Niagara is final.
The necessary applications and approvals for development may commence now that the Secondary Plan is approved.
The Secondary Plan Process
A team of consultants specializing in planning, design and engineering were retained to prepare the Secondary Plan update. As an initial step in the process, a kick off presentation was held on September 7, 2016. Ken Greenberg http://greenbergconsultants.com, a renowned urban designer, teacher and writer, highlighted the tremendous opportunities for this site:
- 2016 09 07 Prudhommes Charette Public Presentation Part 1
- 2016 09 07 Prudhommes Charette Public Presentation Part 2
- 2016 09 07 Prudhommes Charette Public Presentation Part 3
Current concepts as a result of September 7, 2016, public and stakeholder feedback sessions:
- 2016 09 08 Concept 1 Central Parks
- 2016 09 08 Concept 2 Linear Parks
- 2016 09 08 Concept 3 String of Parks along the Lake
As a result of the public and stakeholder feedback on September 8, 2016, the three design concepts were revised and presented on October 26, 2016.
Additionally, the Consultants prepared a Community Visioning Report which provides a summary of the September 7 & 8, 2016 presentations:
2016 10 18 Community Visioning Report
As a result of this session, the project team requested input to refine the “preferred plan” and prepare draft Urban Design Guidelines that informed the revised Recommended Concept Plan presented at the March 29, 2017 community information session.
Recommended Concept Plan March 29
On Oct. 17, 2017, the Town's consultants and Town staff presented to Council another iteration of the draft Secondary Plan based on March's community information session where feedback was provided to the Concept Plan
- Council reviewed plan and provided comment
- Consultation with property owners (i.e., developers) & consultants occurred
- Oct. 17 Special Planning Meeting - Final Draft Plan
The statutory public meeting was held in the Town Council Chambers on January 8 & 9, 2018. The purpose of the public meetings was to provide a detailed overview of and obtain input for the final Prudhommes Draft Secondary Plan.
Niagara Region PDS 11-2018 (pgs 18-163)
Town of Lincoln final Prudhommes Secondary Plan recommendation report - April 16, 2018 - Approved
- Date modified: